Class info

CHECK BELOW FOR CLASS TIMES!
for private sessions or for more information please
email me @ strengthandcore@gmail.com

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Totally Toned Tuesday and Peanut Butter and Honey Oat Bars

Today is Tuesday and I am getting ready for my awesome Pilates Class at the Hospital. 

TODAY'S FOCUS WAS MY TOTALLY TONED TUESDAY!!!

I started my morning with a more intense run, walk up hill. then it was off to the YMCA where I worked the floor as the Personal Trainer !!!! So much fun and meeting lots of great people! Love It:)

But, with that position I am also able to workout myself! How awesome is that. Again, focusing on a total body workout. 

More info on the YMCA to come.....


As for tomorrows workout, I'm not sure yet! I'll have to see how I feel in the morning!!!


My diet is still on track...

Breakfast was one of my awesome muffins with Peanut Butter and a little, teeny, tiny honey and almond milk.
Lunch: Chicken salad
Dinner: not sure but will be after my class tonight.
Snacks~ handful of nuts and lots of water throughout the day!!!

Ok, Until Wednesday morning, I'm off to teach Pilates!!

STAY STRONG, STAY FOCUSED!!!

WEDNESDAY morning started off with another great run, then off to the Y to work the floor. 

I did a lot of working today and feeling a little fatigued but otherwise great!

Making these great bars for breakfast tomorrow

Peanut Butter and Honey Oat Bars
Peanut Butter and Honey Oat Bars
Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • 1/3 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, ground
  • 2 cups oats
  • 1/2 cup chopped honey roasted peanuts
Directions
Preheat oven to 300 F
Line an 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper, making sure the parchment paper hangs over the sides.
In a microwave safe bowl, add honey, coconut oil and peanut butter. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir until mixture gets runny and peanut butter completely melted in. You may have to heat for another 20 seconds or so. Mix in vanilla extract and cinnamon.
Add oats and peanuts, mix until everything is combined and the mixture is completely coated with honey and peanut butter mixture.
Pour mixture into prepared pan and press down with a back of a spoon; bake in the oven for 20 -25 minutes until lightly brown.
Once you take the bars out of the oven, press down with the back of a spoon to insure the oats are pressed firmly together. Let the oat bars cool slightly and carefully take out bars by grabbing onto the parchment paper and cut into 16 slices. Let bars cool completely and harden at room temperature.
Store bars in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
Makes 16 bars.
Nutritional Data
Calories per bar: 157.2, Fat: 8., Cholesterol: 0, Sodium: 31, Potassium: 38, Carbs: 18.8, Fiber: 2, Sugar: 10.4, Protein: 3.9

Read more at http://skinnyms.com/peanut-butter-and-honey-oat-bars/#cUDJ0MkAZf9YwT4u.99

No comments: