Today, started out as usual with my wonderful early morning client. Then, my regular scheduled classes. However, as lucky as I am to be a Mother to my two healthy children, I still miss not being with my Mother. So, I hope all of you with family near that you take the time and enjoy them!!!
As for my workouts, The same. Intense everything....:)
I made a wonderful Kale slaw yesterday for dinner, and roasted some carrots and cauliflower.
Here is the recipe:
Green Goddess Kale Slaw
Author: Leanne Vogel
Recipe type: Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Refined sugar-free, Yeast-free, Corn-free, Grain-free, Egg-free
Fresh greens smothered in a vegan salad dressing made creamy with avocado and almond milk.
- 5 cups chopped kale
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli florets
- ¾ cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and shredded
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- Handful of sprouts (alfalfa, broccoli, etc.)
- ½ medium ripe avocado, pitted
- ½ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (I use homemade almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar or 2 medjool dates *see note
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the kale, broccoli, scallions, and carrot. Reserve the pumpkin seeds and sprouts for garnish.
- Now, make the dressing by scooping the avocado flesh into a blender or food processor. Add the milk, lemon juice, coconut nectar (or medjool dates), vinegar, olive oil, and mustard.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat thoroughly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish plates of the salad with the sprouts and pumpkin seeds.
Coconut Nectar – to make this recipe comply with Vibrant Life Cleanse Program, swap out the coconut nectar for pitted medjool dates.
3.2.2499View nutrition information (once on page, scroll down)