Class info

CHECK BELOW FOR CLASS TIMES!
for private sessions or for more information please
email me @ strengthandcore@gmail.com

Monday, October 22, 2012

Quinoa stuffed bell peppers 10/22/12

What a beautiful Monday!!! Today has been a wonderful but typical Monday. After I got the kids off to school, I taught my morning Pilates class. Then home for strength training which consisted of Chest/ Tris some legs....
Then I was outside for a bit raking leaves then, decided to go for a quick run since it's soooo nice out!!! I'm sure there aren't many days like this left.

Tonights menu is Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers. Yum!!
I have little to no time so I cook the quinoa in my rice cooker. 1 cup quinoa to 2 cups of Veg. broth then, I put just a little splash of olive oil and pinch of salt. I roast the Red Bell Peppers first, using a little olive oil and dash of sea salt. Bake at 425 for 20-25 or until skin is blackening. Once peppers and quinoa are done. I then mix the quinoa with 1/2 of a 280z can of crushed tomatoes. Place the other 1/2 of crushed tomatoes on the bottom of the pan.  Mix any seasonings of your choice. I have a homemade blend that I use for this. (thyme, rosemary, oregano & crushed red pepper) gently toss in with quinoa then stuff the peppers and top with cheese of choice. I use mozzarella for the family and no cheese for me:(

Oh yeah!!! Yesterday we had a special quest come over!!! My Anna came to visit us. So, we had a wonderful workout! I quess I sould say "She had a great workout". And she has two amazing kids!!!
What a great weekend we had.
Enjoy the day everyone!!

2 comments:

Anna Sheridan said...

My TWO HOUR (almost) workout with you was worth the trip and it was so special for me. You always remind me to find the time for myself and I did this weekend, and I spent it with you! Thank you SO MUCH for a great time and thanks to Maddie and Luke for hanging with Brody. I can't wait to come back! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Unknown said...

Anna, This is why I do what I do:) I love making others feel good and push themselves to their limit. It also helps that you have such a supportive husband. What a special man to drive you all the way here to Mass. He's a keeper:)