Class info

CHECK BELOW FOR CLASS TIMES!
for private sessions or for more information please
email me @ strengthandcore@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Bionutrient Food Informational talk & health benefits of garlic and cauliflower 2/20/13

Good Wednesday morning. Last night my husband and I had the best “Date Night” ever. We went to an informational talk on how to Increase the Nutritional Quality in your home grown food. The best hour out we’ve had in a long time.
The speaker (Dan Kittredge, executive director of the Bionutrient Food Association) was very informative, knowledgeable, and very convincing!
The Main highlights of the night were:
·        Focusing on the higher nutritional value of foods grown rather than the quality
·        Start with the soil (nutrient dense soil produces nutrient dense foods)
·        Sickly looking plants produces sickly and inedible foods
·        Even when shopping local farmers markets, look for colorful foods, healthy looking produce, leaves, stems.
·        Getting the most nutrients out of our foods to prevent diseases and to sustain a healthy vigor life!!!!

So, I’m still trying rid my body of my sinus infection: Upped my consumption of raw garlic. I just added freshly grated raw garlic into my olive oil salad dressing to put on my salad and fresh veggies (my lunch)
Also, added cauliflower into our meals for all its health benefits. I have the websites down below for you to check out.
GARLIC:
garlic_20296.html


CAULIFLOWER:

For dinner I made a wonderful egg bake:
Eggs mixed with black beans, can tomatoes, sauté onion, asparagus, spinach then mix all together and pour into a glass baking dish over a bed of “riced” cauliflower and bake  at 350 for about 40 min. or until eggs start to brown.

          Yesterday’s                                         Today’s
Workout for the day!!!                              Workout
Ran 30 min on the treadmill.                    Interval training: sprinting
Weights for back and bi’s                        Plyo’s and heavier weights
Ending with a great stretch.                   Some pilates/yoga core stretching fusion

Enjoy your Wednesday everyone!

No comments: