Class info

CHECK BELOW FOR CLASS TIMES!
for private sessions or for more information please
email me @ strengthandcore@gmail.com

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Health benefits of Pineapples 2/5/13

Good Tuesday morning!!! Today is my first day of getting back into the routine after my upper respiratory infection. So, I am starting out light….doing housework as my cardio (up and down the stairs, vacuuming, mopping, scrubbing, etc) and then doing some slow heavy weights(chest/tris and legs) working the bigger muscles. My goal is to rebuild, repair, and recover….not to over do, over stress and over work my immune system.

1st )  my immunity building breakfast: plain greek yogurt with pineapples, nuts and cinnamon and a berry smoothie…
·        We all know the wonderful health benefits of greek yogurt; great gut flora, (probiotics) higher protein, calcium.
·        Pineapples contain bromelain which helps to thin mucus secretion. Also, pineapples help breathing in general by thinning the blood and therefore; improving circulation. And a great immunity builder. Pineapples are also a great anti-inflammatory!
·        Walnuts…well what can I say! They taste great and have omega 3.
·        My berry smoothie is made with silken tofu(or greek yogurt), almond milk, frozen strawberries, blueberries, a banana, spinach, flaxseed, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Blend and enjoy!!

***So look at all those healthy foods to help build and recoverJ

Lunch will be some sort of soup. I need something warm
Dinner- spinach avocado salad with a vegan pesto salad dressing( olive oil, nutritional yeast, walnuts, basil and lemon)

Also, tonight is skiing again.
Enjoy your day everyone! Stay healthy and strongJ


No comments: