Class info

CHECK BELOW FOR CLASS TIMES!
for private sessions or for more information please
email me @ strengthandcore@gmail.com

Monday, August 13, 2012

2 weeks before school starts!!!YIKES!!

Workout to come later!

Ok,Ok, Ok!!!! After many people told me about the movie "Fat, sick and nearly dead" I did finally watch it with the family. I now know where most Americans stand nutritionally and, why it's so hard for most to stay on track. I have always juiced or add veggies into everything I make. I do mean everything....Even desserts!!! I also do mini detoxs. I do this for many reasons, not because I eat bad but for me it's more of a spiritual experience.

Ok, Now for todays focus is on Hydration!

Did you know that 1 cup of Strawberries has 4 oz of water and 1 cup of Broccoli has 5 oz. We do get a lot of our water from our food as long as we eat the right foods.

Here is another great rehydration juice. From the reboot your life website. Drink this after your workout! Enjoy!!!

This juice is very high in electrolytes such as magnesium, calcium and potassium so it is great after exercise. This juice is also high in iron, chlorophyll, vitamin c, folic acid, beta-carotenes and much more. Kale has SO many health benefits, one being this leafy green is high in lutein and zeaxanthin which has been shown to protect the eyes against age-related macular degeneration and cataracts.

Chlorophyll is associated with an increase in detoxification and elimination. It can help with body odour and halitosis during a detox.

Ingredients
4-6 Kale leaves
1 Large Cucumber (dark garden cucumber)
½ Fennel (bulb and stalks)
1-2 Nashi pears
2 Celery sticks

Directions:
- Wash all the ingredients and chop if needed
- Juice
- Pour over ice
Enjoy!

Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Makes 1 serving 500mls (16oz)

Substitutions or Extras:
Kale – spinach, silverbeet (chard), mustard greens, cos lettuce, broccoli, zucchini
Cucumber –zucchini, lettuce, broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts
Nashi Pears – pear, apple, lemon, lime
Celery – zucchini, lime, cabbage, iceberg lettuce

No comments: