Class info

CHECK BELOW FOR CLASS TIMES!
for private sessions or for more information please
email me @ strengthandcore@gmail.com

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

More Recipes, workout ideas 8/29/2012

Well, It's hump day and 1 more day of school until the weekend. Yeah!!! It has been crazy busy around here, not only school but now all fall sports are starting this week. So, getting time for me is essential.

Todays workout:
Strength: Back/bis some leg work cool down with yoga
Cardio: Spin class

Tomorrows workout:
Pilates class with weights
Annas workout video to include whole body workout:)

Tonights menu: Egg salad sandwiches w/ homemade bread of course and homemade baked onion rings using almond flour to coat. Then off to softball camp.
Mondays menu: remember back to Monday when I was trying to figure out what to have for dinner. Well, Madeline gave me  some great veggies from her garden and that inspired me to use them for dinner. So, I Julianed the summer squash and zucchini sauted in olive oil for 3 minutes(just til pliable) Then made a homemade sauce. I first sauted a cut up whole union, once the onions turn translucent, I then added 3 minced cloves of garlic and sauted for a few more minutes, then added Madelines fresh Tomates diced into the pan and stirred, then added more olive oil and herbs from my garden(basil,oregano and thyme) added just a pinch of sugar and salt and pepper to taste. Let the sauce thick up and boil down. I have heat on medium high and then turn down to a simmer for about 20minutes or so. Then, pour sauce over veggies and enjoy.
Tuesdays menu: Since, it was raining out and I did a lot of baking... black bean brownies and healthy banana bread and some healthy pb frosting, AND I was not feeling well at all so, I decided it was Daddys night to make dinner. So, the kids had Cheese, tomato pannis with pesto and melty pizza hummus...Recipes to follow!!!


RECIPES:

Healthy Banana Bread from chocolate covered Katie
2 Cups Spelt flour
1tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Cinnamon ( I used a little more)
3/4 tsp Baking Powder
3/4 tsp Salt
1/3 Cup Milk of choice
1& 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 Cup Agave Nectar
1&1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
1&2/3 Mashed Banana (About 3 large Bananas)
1/3 Cup of sliced berries(I used strawberries)
First combine dry ingredients, then in another bowl mix wet ingredients then add the wet to dry ingredients mix by hand but do not overmix. Pour into a greased loaf pan and into the a 350' oven for about 50min.

Black Bean Brownies:
1 15 oz. can of Black Beans drained and rinsed
3 eggs
3 Tbsp of canola Oil (I did use unsweetened applesauce)
1/4 Cup of Unsweetend Cocoa powder
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1tsp Vanilla Extract
2/3 Cup Packed Brown Sugar(I did use Agave nectar)
Optional(Cinnamon to taste)
Optional(some use Avacoado for the fats... I have not tried this.)
Place in food processor or mix very well and pour into a sprayed 8x8 pan and bake at 350' for 30-35 min.

I also made a PB frosting for both;
1/3 Cup of Vanilla Greek yogurt
2-3 Tps of Peanut Butter
1/2 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
I used Agave and did not write down how much I used so go sparingly and add as need
Then mix well in food processor. Will thicken as it sits in refridgerator.Yummy!!!

I hope you try these and enjoy!!! A side note, you can add nuts or protein powder to either recipe. I just used the pb frosting... Now time to get Madi off the Bus. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try using Tahini sauce instead of mayonaise to mix tuna salad or anything else that you would use mayonaise on.

Unknown said...

Oh That sounds good. Will have to try it next time...