Class info

CHECK BELOW FOR CLASS TIMES!
for private sessions or for more information please
email me @ strengthandcore@gmail.com

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Whey Protein

Today started off with a wonderful workout with Karen:) She is making great strides and showing big progress!!! Way to go Karen!!!
And here is the Juice drink recipe:
2 medium ruby red grapefruits or 1 large
4 or 5 carrots (or to your taste)
1 inch of fresh ginger
either put all through juicer or blend in blender then, I add 1/2 scoop of vanilla whey protein, mix and enjoy!!!!

***Note*** after being off all dairy for 1 year to see if my allergies would get better but, I still got a sinus infection in January ( like I do every January)
So, I started adding back in some important dairy (for protein) back into my diet.
Whey Protein has the highest concentration of branched chain amino acids (bcaa's)which are the building blocks for muscle repair and development. Whey also helps with cognitive function in stressed individuals, lowers resistance of cancer cells while enhancing the immune system, helps with calcium absorption for bone density and most important helps the body release a hormone after eating to give a sense of satiation that aids in weight loss. Whey protein out of all the proteins, increases skeletal muscle growth best.
So, this is why you will start seeing some of my recipes to include whey.

 I did my workout of 30 minutes of a moderate run, then ending with sprints.
A great ab workout and finally stretching.

Anna, How's your running been this week? How many miles are you up now?

Now we are off for some more RV shopping!!! Maybe I will post pictures.
Enjoy your Saturday everyone

No comments: