Class info

CHECK BELOW FOR CLASS TIMES!
for private sessions or for more information please
email me @ strengthandcore@gmail.com

Friday, September 7, 2012

Health Benefits of Pumpkin with recipe

Happy Friday Everyone, Today starts the long weekend of Madison's 13th Birthday. We will have a few giggly teens here tonight for a sleepover to kick the weekend long celebration off!!! :)

Anyway, yesterday I made a healthy pumpkin bread. It is sooo yummy!!! Here is a link to read about all the health benefits of pumpkin!!!

http://suite101.com/article/health-benefits-of-pumpkin-a153140


Yesterdays day went as follows: I got the kids off the school. Then left for my Pilates class. After Pilates I went for my run, walk, up hills, down hills 5 miles with a friend:) came home grabbed a bite to eat!!! Then did my video, so now its 2pm and Madison needs to be pick up in 15 mins....Where does the day go???mmmm.

I put together this wonderful pumpkin bread before heading out the door to get Madi.

The Original recipe:                    
1 15oz. Can of Pumpkin
1 Cup of Veg Oil                             .
4 eggs
2 Cups Sugar                                                  
2 Cups flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda and Baking Powder
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 350' grease a 9x13 inch pan bake for 30min.  Mix first 4 ingredients together then add the other ingredients


***My Version: Well if you know me, Then you know that I flipped out when I read 2 Cups of sugar so, I substituted 1/3 Cup of Agave.  And Instead of 2 Cups of flour, I replaced it with 1 Cup of Spelt Flour and 1 Cup of Rolled Oats. Then, I mixed everything together in Food processor. I did not mix seperately and it was fine. I also, could have gone with less eggs I feel....or substitute with ground flax seed meal. Anyway, they came out light, fluffy and delicious!!!

I will be working out a little harder this weekend so, I can eat without quilt!!! Is there ever a thing???

Until Monday......Enjoy your weekend!!!

No comments: