Class info

CHECK BELOW FOR CLASS TIMES!
for private sessions or for more information please
email me @ strengthandcore@gmail.com

Friday, April 19, 2013

veggie/protein dish ideas

Living in Massachusetts and some what near Boston, the bombings of the Marathon has hit home. I just want to give my deepest sympathy for everyone involved. I wish our world was a more peaceful place. Such senseless acts of violence.

As for today, It is a beautiful Friday morning but rain will be moving in. My husband has been home all week and with all the fun we have been having, I'm up 3 lbs for the week. Those who play must pay:)  

So, there's always next week! I will need to increase my cardio, strength training and reduce my caloric intake while increase my veggie and protein intake. It's really not as hard as you may think. Here are a few meal ideas:  Spinach egg omelet, veggie wraps with nutrional yeast, quinoa with roasted veggies, lots of roasted veggies, hummus with spinach or any other type of veggies.

What are some of your favorite foods to get back on track?

Today's workout is: One strength training class and then walking the hills with a friend....always the way to workout:)

Enjoy your friday everyone!!!

1 comment:

Linda Wilson said...

My favorite veggie/protein dishes are wild and basmati rice with black beans, served with a huge helping of swiss chard loaded with garlic and some olive oil. You'd never guess I just made some and the house is full of the smell. Good balance of protein and carbs with a dash of fat.