Class info

CHECK BELOW FOR CLASS TIMES!
for private sessions or for more information please
email me @ strengthandcore@gmail.com

Monday, December 17, 2012

Healthy Spinach and Artichoke Dip 12/17/12

8 days until Christmas!!! I am so excited. I think I am more so than the kids:) I am still recovering from this weekend. saturday we hosted a Wine/ Cheese tasting party. So, two decadent pairings ever. I had too much cheer and way too much cheese. However, everything in balance. This gathering couldn't have come at a better time. After the shooting in Ct., I believe some down time of friends, family and laughter is just what the doctor ordered. Much need!!! Thanks to everyone that attended...making it so fun.

This morning my Pilates class was cancelled due to the weather! :(  So, I decided to clean, do laundry and run, run, and more running!!!!:) burning off that cheese and wine! Then ended with a great Yoga/Pilates for core work and stretching!

I did make a healthy Spinach and Artichoke dip here's the recipe: Give it a try. You'll love it.
  • 4 oz mascarpone cheese (or 1/3 less fat cream cheese) but, mascarpone is richer so I can use less
  • 1/2 C. Plain Greek Yogurt
  • 1/4 C. Grated fresh Parmesean Cheese
  • 1/4 C. Grated  fresh Ramano Cheese
  • 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
  • 1/4 tsp. garlic
  • 14 oz jarred or canned artichoke hearts(drained)
  • 1/2 C. Thawed Frozen spinach
  • 1/4 C. Mozzarella
  • Salt and Pepper to taste( I did just pinches of both)
Mix 1-6 together in a large bowl. Then slowly add in Artichoke and Spinach and mix until all combined. place in a greased 8x8 dish. top with the Mozzarella bake at 350 for 20-25 min. Until top is golden and bubbly.
You can serve with homemade pita chips or veggies crudites. We like Carrots, celery and broccoli.

No comments: