Class info

CHECK BELOW FOR CLASS TIMES!
for private sessions or for more information please
email me @ strengthandcore@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

10 Kitchen Items to help you stay on track for eating healthy

Here is a list of a few items that help me in the kitchen to stay on track for eating healthy. These items do not have to be costly either. My items are not top of the line and they still do the job.
  1. Bread Machine
  2. Food Processor
  3. Blender
  4. Steamer
  5. Rice Cooker
  6. Slow Cooker/ Crock Pot
  7. George Foreman Grill
  8. Electric Griddle
  9. Hand Chopper(great for chopping onions)
  10. Juicer
These items are what help me in the kitchen everyday but especially on busy days. For Instance, I put everything in the Rice Cooker and cook together. I make a blend of 1/2 cup of rice and 1/2 cup of quinoa add in a can of diced tomatoes(with liquid) with any seasonings of your choice. Chop about 1/2 cup of sweet onion and a little cilantro add that too. Also, I put a whole can of Black beans in the pot. Then, I add 2 1/2 cups of chicken broth and just a little olive oil to taste. Season however you'd like. I do salt, red pepper flakes and some chilli powder. Press cook!! That's it. Add a little salad if you want.

As far as working out, You really don't need any equipment. Exercise is free.Unless of course you do a organized class group or private session.

Today.... well this whole week has been extremely busy. I know the demands of work, kids, household chores and still trying to make a healthy dinner in this heat. Oh Yeah, don't forget to get that workout in. For me it's my piece of mind. I love, love waking up in the morning to birds chirping and having some time to myself before the family wakes up. I can then do my workout in peace and get my thoughts together for the day. Then, I'm ready to handle the demands of the day!!!

Todays workout was a little of the same as yesterday. I did the 3-2-1 routine on the treadmil for 45 minutes.
Strength training - Back and biceps and hamstrings
Ended with stretches!!!

Enjoy your day, week!!!

Question of the day?
What is your kitchen item you can't live without? Mine is Food Processor.

5 comments:

Laura Mancuso said...

Mine is the blender

eb said...

Love my steamer and hand chopper !

Anna Sheridan said...

Stephanie- any thoughts on Ezekiel bread? Flourless etc? Would love to know!

Unknown said...

Anna, what did you decide about the bread? Have you tried it? Let me know by posting your comments about it:)

Anna Sheridan said...

Hi Stephanie- I can't find your response on the bread- can you post it again?