Class info

CHECK BELOW FOR CLASS TIMES!
for private sessions or for more information please
email me @ strengthandcore@gmail.com

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Great soft serve Healthy recipe!!!

I want to thank of all you for all the comments....I get them on my phone when I'm out but can't respond back. Just know that I do appreciate them. We have been so busy!!! Gardening,  housework, entertaining the kids, etc....On days like these that are supper busy, I really enjoy and appreciate my early morning workouts. I just do a quick run, some push ups(ok, a lot of push ups!!!) then, my ab series finishing with a good stretch. Total time 1 hour. Need it so much for my sanity(and not to mention all the tofutti cream cheese I just ate:) Yum!!) I do have an excellent soft serve ice cream recipe I want to share. I made it for me but the kids absolutely loved it!!! Who knew!!!
Recipe courtesy of Chocolate Covered Katie
Chocolate Fudge Soft Serve
(Serves 2-3)
  • 3 medium bananas (the riper the better) (300g) (see nutrition link below, for substitutions) 
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/16 tsp salt
  • 3 tbsp cocoa powder (15g)
  • optional: sweetener (depending on your tastebuds and ripeness of the bananas)
  • optional: 3-5 tbsp peanut butter or another nut butter of choice
Ahead of time: peel and slice the over-ripe bananas into chunks. Freeze in a Ziploc-type bag, then combine all ingredients in a Vita-Mix, food processor, or blender. (If not using a Vita-Mix, add 2-3 tsp milk of choice so it’ll blend more smoothly. You might also have to thaw the frozen bananas if your freezer is super-powerful.) If you want the look of ice cream, use an ice-cream scoop to serve! (If you scoop it all into a container and freeze about 10-15 minutes, the texture will also become a bit firmer like ice cream, as opposed to soft serve.) Don’t try to halve the recipe unless you have a tiny food processor, as it won’t blend as smoothly.

YOU HAVE TO TRY IT!!! A MUST! YOU'LL LOVE IT!!!

QUESTION OF THE DAY?
WHATS YOUR FAVORITE SUMMER TREAT TO COOL OFF? THIS IS MY NEW ONE.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

After a day of shopping, with a 13 year old, for a new bed and no sucess!!!! Came home to this wonderful summer treat!!!
If you haven't tried,you must. Oh!!! I omit the nut butters, so if someones tries it, let me know??? Happy Sunday. Excited for Pilates tomorrow and my clients!!!